About Data Capture Basics
Data Capture Basics Ltd (DCB) was contracted by the Auckland Regional Council in 2007, to undertake:
- Audits of the parks’ service performance
- A 400km baseline survey of the Hunua and Waitakere ranges tracks system using the DCB TrackShape method
- Counting (monitoring) numbers of visitors to the parks through TRAFx detection devices, observation and contact survey.
By 2010, DCB had moved away from park audits to concentrate almost fully on track survey and visitor monitoring.
The Company’s Principal, Norman Judd, brings relevant skills to track survey and monitoring.
- 10 years asset management and operations support, Auckland Regional Council Parks.
- 6 months parks asset management (workplace exchange), Melbourne Metropolitan District, Parks Victoria.
- 3 years Chief Ranger, Waitakere Ranges Regional Park, Auckland Regional Council.
- 8 years Parks Officer, Southern Parks, Auckland Regional Authority.
- 4 years Senior Ranger Works, Tongariro National Park based at Whakapapa.
- 4 years Ranger, Marlborough Sounds Maritime Park based at Havelock in Pelorus Sound.
- 2.5 years Ranger, Nelson Lakes National Park.
- In 2004 Norman was Auckland Regional Council representative in a nation-wide forum convened by Standards NZ and the Department of Conservation in March 2004 to review New Zealand track standards.
View also DCB’s other interest at: